Needlework Frenzy

From Needlework

Lately my fingers have had a needle in them pulling thread. Almost daily I have been sewing, quilting, stitching and always dreaming of the next project. The above needle felting landscape was created during workshop with Margo Duke when she was at Quilting Adventures in May. What a wonderful time and Margo is a gifted spirit. The women in the class were amazing - each creation filled my soul.

From Needlework

This was my very first needle felt item and I like it because I stretched myself and used colors I would normally not choose for my self.

I have also begun to embroidery again. For 20 years cross-stitch was my passion obsession. I began do embroidery work as a child. One item I'm working on is a hand-quilted and hand-embroidery baby quilt for my great-niece Haden who is due in October.
From Needlework
This is such a traditional baby quilt design but I had to have something to make for her - right away! Of course, since then, I've purchased two more quilt kits and have plans for another.

From Needlework
I've also been piece quilting and it is a challenge for me. While I was home for Mother's Day, Mom and I went through her fabric stash and I found fabric that was used for some of Granny's aprons. I'm being very cautious in how I use them because I don't want to waste them. Here is a small version of a pinwheel pattern. Lots to learn! 
From Needlework

Also while going through the stash we found a pair of pillowcases that Granny purchased more than 40 years ago to embroidery while Granddad was in the hospital. He later passed away and she never worked on the pillowcases. I have them and am stitching them as a Christmas gift for Mom. I love using the same thread and needles that Granny purchased. Pictures are found here.

Comments

Popular Posts