March 1, 2006

This is the first blog I've ever written. It has taken me a while to enter into the blogging world but I wanted to create a space where I could journal my thoughts about my knitting. I began knitting seven months ago as a way to grieve the loss of my brother Alan. Once I started, I couldn't stop. I made scarves, hats, and blankets for family and friends. I soon realized that in order to continue purchasing yarn, I'd have to sell some items that I make. I've opened my own shop on Etsy -
www.sacredpathways.etsy.com and I'm having a blast. My prices include the cost of the yarn and a nominal labor charge. For me, it's not about the selling of the items. Instead, it's about creating something that will allow the receiver to have an opportunity to enter in a personal space to meet with the Sacred. That's how I came up with the name SacredPathways. We each have a pathway waiting for us, it is our choice to enter the path.

Today I'm beginning a multicolored silk purse. The colors of the yarn are red, green, blue -- with red as the predominant color. I purchased the yarn from
www.yarnahoy.etsy.com. Manasi has the most beautiful yarns, mainly because she draws from her native India as she creates the most vibrant colors I've ever seen. I'll post a picture of the yarn tomorrow as I begin to knit the purse.

Two of my dear friends, Mary (www.divinelydesigned.etsy.com) and Renee (still working on her shop's name) are or have opened their own shops as well. I can't wait to hear about the blessings they receive by sharing their creative creations with others.

I look forward to connecting with others, those who are knitting, grieving or just celebrating life.

Comments

yarnahoy said…
Lisa,
What an elegant layout for your blog. I shall be checking it frequently for all the lovely things you make!
Have fun blogging!
:)
Manasi
Lisa McGehee said…
Manasi,

Thank you. If I can finish the paper I'm working on then I can get started on the purse. That's the problem with having class deadlines and creative bursts colliding. Hope you are well.

Lisa

Popular Posts