Mama’s Holiday Wish List 2010


Hi, I'm Holly, Momma's kitty and I've taken over the keyboard this morning. I'm participating in a giveway over at Today's Moma because the prizes are everything that's on my cousins wish lists. Oh, how great it would be to win. Since I'm Momma's shadow, I know that my answers will match what she would answer.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? I hope my family has a healthy holiday season so we can spend time together - there's nothing like snuggling with Momma and Daddy when it's cold outside. Oh yea, and I wish for a huge snow so they can't go anywhere! Momma's holiday wish would be for us to give gifts as an expression of the joy we have received because of Christ, the real reason we have Christmas.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? I'm the only child in the house. If Momma and Daddy stay here for Christmas we snuggle all day. Now, most years they go visit Momma's side of the family where my human cousins are 7,8,9 - glad I'm not there. I hear they get up as early as the children do and then the free-for-all begins. After they have opened all of their presents and examined gifts from Santa, then they slow down. Fortunately they clean up the wrapping paper before they go make breakfast so they don't step on my cousin Alice, the largest gray cat I've ever seen.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? A completely decadent wish for myself - well that would be to have Momma home with me 24/7. Now, she would say that for herself she would like a month in Ireland and Scotland or a new car that is fully-loaded and already paid for. But I don't like either of those ideas because then that would mean I would not get my wish.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? I never spend any money. Oh wait, I'm suppose to be answering these questions from Momma's perspective. Well, she makes almost all of the gifts she gives. I can't give away what she is making this year but she has used knitting needles and yarn (I love when a ball of yarn falls off of the sofa), sewing machine, paper, scissors, needles and thread.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? I chase yarn around the house and played hide and seek from my sisters who are no longer here. Forgot again, Momma played lots of board and card games with her family, she also made her brothers play school with her (LOL). They lived in the mountains so they also spent a lot of time outside playing Kick-the-Can, King of the Mountain, Hide and Seek (hey wait, they play that too!) and baseball, football and basketball. They also took lots of walks in the woods and went fishing. Yummy, fish. I'm beginning to think I like some of the games they played.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Okay, this time I'm only going to give Momma's answer. She buys a new ornament every year for our tree. She also makes sure that she buys a first ornament for family that have gotten married or have had a baby. She makes many family recipes the way her Momma makes them, especially the yummy smelling cookies.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? I do not want to go anywhere for Christmas. A few years ago, Momma and Daddy went to the beach for Christmas but they came back earlier than expected. They missed being at home. If Momma's entire family could go away at Christmas, it would be somewhere that has snow for Momma and beach for everyone else.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? The cousins were here this summer and I heard them say that on their wish lists are Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Wii Sports Resort.
Gotta run, I hear Momma getting up! I hope she wins.

Comments

Popular Posts